Tropical Karen® Phytoplankton Smoothie
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- ½ c strawberries or raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ c blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ c pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 c unsweetened milk or non-dairy mild alternative
- ½ c water
- ¼ tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 ice cubes (add as needed to thicken to desired consistency)
- ¼ tsp Karen® Phytoplankton powder
Instructions: Add all ingredients except Karen® Phytoplankton powder into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Stir in Karen® Phytoplankton powder.
Nutrition Coach and Author, Halifax, NS
WENDY McCALLUM, LLB, RHN, is a food coach and educator who followed her passion for real food by leaving her career as a lawyer and returning to college to learn more about nutrition and food. She helps her clients reach their wellness, weight and nutrition goals, in part by supporting them in the move from processed food to healthier, real food alternatives. She is the author of No More Junk Food (2013) and The Real Food Solution (2015), which features 70+ of her most popular recipes and her best tips and strategies for parents to achieve their weight and wellness goals while feeding their whole family delicious, real food!
Check out Wendy’s website www.simple-balance.ca for real food for real life.